Friday, November 12, 2010

what is your purpose

Everything and everyone has a purpose in life. A tree, a cat, Hitler, when it comes to humans they might not know their purpose or are confused. Hitler may have known or thought he knew his but now he is dead. The faster one knows his true and worthy purpose the better off he is. There are millions of things I could do and no doubt what I put my hand to will succeed, but would I have fulfilled my purpose is the question. For me, my purpose must be for the good of mankind. I have a target I’m aiming for. The word for sin in Hebrew is; hcaet (חטא)) which means missing the target. When the bow is pulled back and the arrow is sent and the bull’s-eye is missed, that’s hcaet. The word for the sin against God is also hcaet. When we miss our purpose, we sin we are in sin. Hitler had a purpose which he thought was good and he died with it, whether it was for the good of mankind that’s another story.

No comments: